Hi all! Thanks for stopping by. I debated for a REALLY long time on what I wanted my first blog post to be about and I finally decided to share with you my current favorite beauty products. That way you can get an idea of what I like and the type of products I tend to grab for. Also FYI – My skin is INSANELY dry, super sensitive (no joke, I am allergic to a LOT of stuff), and I typically only get hormonal cystic acne.
Right now I am LOVING the Kate Somerville products. I tried using the Murad Acne Cleanser, but it made me break out in a rash all over my face. Needless to say I never touched it again. I was having a hard time getting my rash to go away and had heard AMAZING things about the Kate Somerville products (and how it was wonderful for sensitive skin), so I gave it a try and my skin LOVES it. Below are the products left to right:
- Kate Somerville – ExfoliKate Cleanser (Great gentle exfoliater)
- Kate Somerville – Goat Milk Cream (Great for irritated and distressed skin)
- Kate Somerville – Age Arrest Anti Wrinkle Serum (I got a sample of it & got hooked)
- Kate Somerville – Age Arrest Anti Wrinkle Cream (I like using this in addition to the Goat Milk Cream at night for extra hydration. Also it’s never to early for anti aging products!)
- Tarte – Maracuja Oil (I like using this at night or in my foundation for extra hydration and a more dewy look)
I bought the Kate Somerville products at Nordstrom (after talking to the specialist), but they can be found at Sephora as well. I highly recommend talking to the actual Kate Sommerville esthetician (which is why I went to Nordstrom) so that they can properly recommend the correct products for your skin type.
The Tarte – Maracuja oil can be found on the Tarte website or Sephora/ Ulta.
I know the Kate Somerville line is REALLY pricey, but a great alternative that I loved for YEARS is the Alba Botanica line (found at Target). My favorites by them is the Hawaiian Oil Free Moisturizer and their Good & Clean daily detox foaming cleanser.
Left to right:
- BECCA – Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (I LOVE mixing this in my foundation for a dewy look. It’s GREAT for bridal looks. This is the trial size, but I fully intend on buying a full sized version)
- MAC Cosmetics – Fix+ (I spray this on my foundation brush before the foundation and it helps my foundations stay on ALL day without feeling dry)
- EOS – lip balm (I love that I don’t have to constantly reapply this)
- Urban Decay – Melt Down Makeup Remover (Hands Down BEST makeup remover ever)
- Marc Jacobs – Perfecting Coconut Face Primer (I had no intention of buying this ever because it’s pricey, but I tried it at Sephora and fell in love. It was saving my face this winter. It’s super hydrating and makes my foundation go on so much smoother)
- Urban Decay – Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (It’s matte, but not drying and is medium to full coverage with a natural finish. It’s easy to build coverage and probably the most underrated foundation out there)
- Ben Nye – Setting Powders (I like the neutral set translucent powder. As long as you’re not SUPER dark, it’s a great and inexpensive setting powder)
- BECCA – Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal (I know everyone LOVES Champagne pop, but I think Opal is more flattering on more skin tones and is my go to bridal highlight)
- Make Up For Ever – Sculpting Kit in shade 2 (The contour is a GORGEOUS deep warm brown, perfect for contouring and the highlight is a GREAT powder to set the under eyes with)
- Urban Decay – Naked Flushed in Strip (The formula of these are amazing, and the colors in this palette are flattering on EVERYONE. I wish the would make that highlight an individual product because I use it SOOO much)
- Urban Decay – Afterglow Blush in Quickie (It looks SUPER bright but it applies more flattering that you would think. It gives a really pretty rosey color and is easy to blend. These are SUPER pigmented though so be careful on initial application)
- Ofra Cosmetics x Kathleen Lights – Liquid Lipstick in Miami Fever (Super flattering color. If you have dry lips like me, this formula is comfortable and will last a pretty long time)
- Dose of Colors – Liquid Lipstick in Teddy (This color is just stunning. It’s matte but a metallic finish. The formula is a little runny, but it’d silky and holds all day)
- Black Moon Cosmetics – Liquid Lipstick in Libra (Not gonna lie, I bought this because I’m a Libra, BUT I love the formula and it’s a GORGEOUS nude on every skin tone)
- Urban Decay – Matte Revolution lipstick, Revolution Lipstick, and Sheer Revolution lipstick (I flipping LOVE the Urban Decay lipsticks. They are creamy, pigmented, and hold really well without drying out your lips. The sheer ones are almost like a SUPER pigmented and shiny balm. It’s GREAT for summer)
- ColourPop – Lippie Stix (This product is great and super affordable. They are pretty comfortable to wear. I do find that the matte ones are a little drying, so I usually wear balm underneath)
- My Paw Palette is my ABSOLUTE favorite palette! I have 3 in different shapes and colors, but it’s great for everyday, travel, and as part of my pro kit.
- Urban Decay – Cannonball mascara (I go swimming with this and it doesn’t run)
- Urban Decay – Brow Beater Microfine Brow Pencil and Brush in Dark (I like the way it applies much better than the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz)
- My Shu Uemura eyelash curler is the best. It give the best curl for my stick straight lashes. Shu Uemura no longer sells in the US (I believe), but you can still find them on Amazon.
- Sigma – Flat Angled Kabuki F88 (This is my favorite foundation brush. Stippling is KEY with this brush to build coverage)
- Bdellium Tools – 945 (Favorite powder brush for setting powders OR bronzer)
- Bdellium Tools – 959 (I love this for blush, because it’s so easy to blend with)
- Luxie Beauty – 533 Tapered Highlighter (Makes your highlight on FLEEK)
- Morphe – E8 (Great for buffing out under eye cream concealers)
- Morphe – G30 (I like this to contour my nose or if I want a REALLY sharp cheek contour)
- Bdellium Tools – 987 (I like this for my cheek and jaw contour)
I didn’t include any eye brushes because I’m not super attached to any of them, I tend to just grab whatever and make it work. My fave line is the Bdellium tools because it’s SUPER affordable, but Morphe and Luxie brushes are both really great, soft too, and pretty affordable.
Now I just had to mention these. The palette on the right is the Morphe 35O palette, and I just LOVE the colors. They are so flattering on every skin type, and the palette is really inexpensive. The palette on the left is my Zpalette (bought from Makeup Geek) with my favorite Makeup Geek, Morphe, and Anastasia Beverly Hill’s shadow colors. The quality of these shadows are GREAT. The Morphe ones are definitely the best priced, but I like the Makeup Geek ones just a TAD better. The only problem is that I can’t swatch the Makeup Geek ones before I buy them, but I haven’t been disappointed by a color yet.
Alright, I think I need to end my post now. It’s already super long. Thanks for stopping by and reading through this! If you have any questions about any of the products, feel free to ask and I’ll try my best to answer!