With Chinese New Year only a few days away, I thought it would be fun to do a makeup look inspired by the holiday! Yellow / gold is considered lucky in China because it symbolized royalty and power of the throne. Red is lucky because it represents happiness, beauty, success and good fortune.
- Makeup Geek shadow – Gold Digger all over lid and into the “crease” as well as the inner corners of the under eye
- Morphe shadow- Dazzling in the outer corner of the eye (both top an bottom) to give it a little more depth
- Morphe shadow – Crystal to highlight the brow bone
- Mac Fluideline – Blacktrack to line the top lashes and create a mini wing
- Urban Decay Brow Beater – Warm Brown to line the bottom lashes
- Ardell lashes – Demi Wispies attached with House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive
Brows: Urban Decay Brow Beater – Dark
- Cheek – Mac Sculpting Powder Pro Palette in Shadester
- Nose – Mac Sculpting Powder Pro Palette in Sculpt
- Jawline – Mac Sculpting Powder Pro Palette in Shadowy
Highlight – Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 1
Blush – Urban Decay Afterglow in Satisfy
Lips: Dose Of Color – Scarlet Lace (from the Dare to Dazzle Trio)
I really needed to get my acrylics off, so I thought it would be fun to ask the nail tech if she could make my nails Chinese New Year themed as well! I love the little monkey she added for the year of the monkey! If you live in the Torrance, Ca area check out Nail Island. They are appt only, but OMG they are AMAZING. This was my first experience there and they well exceeded my expectations.
If I missed something or you have any questions, let me know!