This pasta was inspired by the viral TikTok feta pasta, but like better. I mean most pasta dishes are fairly easy to make, but I was intrigued by the idea of using a block of feta instead of a jarred sauce (cuz I ain’t got time to make a fresh sauce). Honesty, I’m not a huge fan of pasta, but I LOVE this pasta, cuz it’s creamy, but the fresh tomatoes and the crunch from the zucchinis makes it lighter. It’s like a hearty pasta dish meets a pasta salad.
- Box of pasta (I prefer rotini, or fusilli to get all the saucy goodness in the spirals) (I used Tricolor because it’s pretty but honestly it all tastes the same to me)
- 10 oz tub of spinach artichoke dip (if frozen make according to instructions)
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- Olive oil
- Parmesan (optional)
- Italian sausage crumbles (I used meatballs because I didn’t have Italian sausage but the meat is also optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions to al dente
- Cook/heat meat if you’re using it. Remove from pan when done.
- Drizzle a LITTLE olive oil and sautee the zucchini in same pan as meat so that it’s cooked but lightly cooked but still crunchy
- Once the pasta is done, drain it. If you have a large anough sautee pan add the pasta to the pan with the zucchini. If not throw it back in the pot.
- Toss in spinach artichoke dip, meat, zucchinis and diced tomatoes, and toss on low heat til everything is combined.
- Sprinkle extra parmesan on top if you would like and serve!
This dish really is so easy and SOOOO good. Even my toddler likes it and he is picky. (I also use spiraled pasta because it’s harder for him to pick off the spinach and artichoke and it hides in grooves so he gets some (if minimally) vegetables in his meal.)